Sunday, October 22, 2006

An Herbalist's Dilemma

It has been quite a while since my last post, while your 'beloved' herbalist is writing his blog, he is now sitting in one of the CIT centre in University of Malaya and enjoying his first day as an undergraduate (I study Life Science and plan to major in Biochemistry any comment?) . Of all the people on earth, I did feel lucky that things did work out afterall...

The Orientation Week (minggu haluansiswa) is really quite a challenge to me. Being a pampered boy most of the time, I have been suffering a bout of ignorance throughout the first few days. However, on one of the dreadful day, I came to realise that it is up to me to take the challenge or not. As I wanted to chicken out of it, I decided that it is time for me to grow up rather than hiding in a comfortable niche that's available only to me.

It is one of my greatest accomplishment after all these years of living.


Another thing...

Since I am now living in hostel, I have quite a difficulties dealing with herbal usage nowadays. However, I do have the time to fix up a cup of peppermint tea as my wake up morning call and I used apple as the same as waking me up too. I have yet to bring in my antiseptic herbs regime, and maybe a little touch of spices for decoration and perfume (nutmegs, cinnamon sticks, raffia strings... The list just go on and on)...

I was thinking of making my own beauty regime, but I am quite afraid that I might not have the time to do it, as university life is very busy. However, if we did allocate enough time to it, anything is possible right.

And if you think this post has nothing to do with herbal, you are dead wrong.


Avocado BodyScrub

This facial scrub is very simple to make and require anly a few ingredients:

Ingredients:

  • A large Avocado
  • A large Banana
  • Olive Oil
  • Rose Oil (optional)
  • Boiled oat (thick)

Procedure:

  1. Pit the avocado and save the pit and let it dry up (under the sun or whatever) for four to five days.
  2. Ground the pit into a fine but coarse powder.


No comments: