- Handful of fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- 5 cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- grating of nutmeg
- bottle of claret of other good quality red wine
- Put the rosemary, cinnamon and cloves int oa jar and crush using a pestle to release their oils. Add the ginger and nutmeg to the mixture.
- Add the wine, seal the jar, and add in a cool place for ten days. strain into a sterilised botlle and seal with an airtight stopper.
- As with any other tincture, a wineglassful a day is enough.