Sunday, December 31, 2006

Rosemary Tonic Wine...

This will be a short post, nevertheless, it's less than half hour to next year. Happy New year everyone!!! HAHAHA!!! Happy New Year! Suddenly, I hink that I need a pick-me-up, so I turn pages to this recipe. Well, I hope it will work for me and all of you! Cheers! Man, I am having New Year Blues...

Ingredients
  • Handful of fresh rosemary leaves
  • 2 small cinnamon sticks
  • 5 cloves
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • grating of nutmeg
  • bottle of claret of other good quality red wine
  1. Put the rosemary, cinnamon and cloves int oa jar and crush using a pestle to release their oils. Add the ginger and nutmeg to the mixture.
  2. Add the wine, seal the jar, and add in a cool place for ten days. strain into a sterilised botlle and seal with an airtight stopper.
  3. As with any other tincture, a wineglassful a day is enough.
Anyhow, this ecipe is from the book "Healing with Herbs" by Jessica Houdreat. You might seen me quoting this book very often. This is a fine book, with a lot of fine illustrations. Worth a buy, maybe search for it in Amazon.

No comments: