Rosemary Tonic Wine...
This will be a short post, nevertheless, it's less than half hour to next year. Happy New year everyone!!! HAHAHA!!! Happy New Year! Suddenly, I hink that I need a pick-me-up, so I turn pages to this recipe. Well, I hope it will work for me and all of you! Cheers! Man, I am having New Year Blues...
- Handful of fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- 5 cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- grating of nutmeg
- bottle of claret of other good quality red wine
Anyhow, this ecipe is from the book "Healing with Herbs" by Jessica Houdreat. You might seen me quoting this book very often. This is a fine book, with a lot of fine illustrations. Worth a buy, maybe search for it in Amazon.
- Put the rosemary, cinnamon and cloves int oa jar and crush using a pestle to release their oils. Add the ginger and nutmeg to the mixture.
- Add the wine, seal the jar, and add in a cool place for ten days. strain into a sterilised botlle and seal with an airtight stopper.
- As with any other tincture, a wineglassful a day is enough.
Post a Comment